[time-nuts] any HP 5370B Available or other TIC

Paul Cianciolo paulc at snet.net
Thu Aug 18 03:10:44 UTC 2011

Hello Folks,
I am looking for an instrument that is better than Fluke 103a comparator.
The purpose of this piece of equipment is help me learn more about oscillators and characterizing them

The HP5370B is the TIC I keep hearing about but I am not glued to that make or model.
I wou;d like to hear suggestion from the group.

Another way to go might be to build one of those units where there is a common oscillator is split and feeds the LO of 2 mixers.
The RF side comes from the DUT and the REF
Sorry I cannot remember the acronym... MDMM????

I do have that Keithly model 776 Counter time with GPIB  I am really fuzzy on this aspect...

Comments welcome

Thank you

PaulC
W1VLF