[time-nuts] Active LORAN antenna

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Fri Aug 26 20:45:31 UTC 2011

In message <4E5803CD.5020308 at pacific.net>, Brooke Clarke writes:

>My interest in active antennas is for the low frequency area where
>quarter wave wire antennas are not practical.

That's why I built it:  Loran-C, DCF77, Rugby and HBG.

>For HF you can't beat wire antennas.  Active antennas, either whip or
>loop do not work as well as wire.

Well, strictly specking he same is true for low frequency, there are
terms in Maxwells equations which means that size matter.

Poul-henning

PS: Danish blog-post w/ pictures of my build of Chris Trasks antenna:

	http://ing.dk/artikel/96239-min-stakkels-revisor