[time-nuts] Looking for.....

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 27 15:31:25 UTC 2011

On 8/27/11 8:22 AM, Brian, WA1ZMS wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a goid commercial grade freq ref synth that will generate a 10MHz output range with .1Hz step sizes based on a 10MHz ref?  Agilent sig gens are not a good fit for this application. Would like a 1 RU high compact box with PC programming.
>
> I'm working an issue in my day-job around some RF simulcast tranmissions.
>
> Thanks in advance. Contact off list please.

Probably what you are looking for is a packaged DDS of some sort.  I
assume getting an eval board from Analog Devices won't do (that's what
we do at work, but then, you've got to package it. getting it in 1U
wouldn't be a big problem.

I'd check the trade magazines (Microwaves and RF, Microwave Journal,
etc.)  there are tons of ads through them for all sorts of boxes doing
all sorts of narrow functions.

(The venerable PTS synthesizers won't do, I assume?)