[time-nuts] Heated crystal? & Rb tube corrosion (FE-5680A)

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Dec 1 13:22:49 UTC 2011

Good afternoon, gentleman,

On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 06:04:22 -0500
"Steve ." <iteration69 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Great pictures, by the way.

These are the pictures you have posted :)

> For completeness, I maintain the instruments in an environmental analytical
> laboratory. (Sulfur analyzers, CO2, CHN, Calorimeters, ion chromatograph,
> inductive couple plasma mass specs, gas chromatography mass spec, organic
> carbon analyzer.  etc,etc,etc.)

Why didn't you say that you work in chemistry busines? Then i wouldnt
have to overexercise my brain in a field i hardly know anything about! :-)

But what i wrote still hold. We are talking about less than 1g of Rb
contained sealed glas. I'd be really surprised if this leaks ins amounts
that could visibly damage other metals. And if, i'd like to know what
chemical process this is :-)

IMHO the corrosion you see is really just a redox reaction between
two different metals over a solder joint and not a leak.

			Attila Kinali

--
Why does it take years to find the answers to
the questions one should have asked long ago?