[time-nuts] Heated crystal? & Rb tube corrosion (FE-5680A)

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Dec 1 17:10:02 UTC 2011

Hi

The amount of Rb in the cell is quite small. Cell leakage would stop the
unit from working. There's pretty much no way that the cell can / would
cause corrosion and the unit keep working.

The crystal is heated to reduce the pull range of the VCXO. Since it's
locked to the Rb, improving it's temperature performance does not have a
significant impact on the unit's performance.

Bob