[time-nuts] Ebay FE-5680A Rb: Are they that good?

Javier Herrero jherrero at hvsistemas.es
Thu Dec 8 20:10:25 UTC 2011

Hello,

I've got mine a few days ago, had not too much time to play around but
seems to work ok. As received, it locked quite fast and it seems to be
around 10e-9 off compared with my Thunderbolt. Not tried to adjust it
yet. Also, it seems to put a quite clean sine output. Second harmonic
around -60dBc (from memory... can be -50dBc), and close up spurs -70dBc
at +/-200kHz, and somewhat lower at +/-400kHz. I have not yet looked to
closer spurii (only to what was apparent at 10kHz RBW).

Next step, to calibrate to GPS and look the output with more detail :)

It seems it can be adjusted through the serial port, but it is 10MHz
fixed (not 1Hz - 20MHz as other FE-5680A). Well, not bad for the price :)

Regards,

Javier