[time-nuts] Ebay FE-5680A Rb: Are they that good?

Kasper Pedersen time-nuts at kasperkp.dk
Thu Dec 8 22:51:13 UTC 2011

On 12/08/2011 07:58 PM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:

> The price seems reasonable, esp. with free shipping.
> Does anyone have experience with these?

I ran one of this type against a tbolt. I was testing a super simple
6-channel phase comparator at the time, and it was not quite as good as
hoped, so the plot is limited by the 25ps noise of the comparator.

time offset plot:
http://n1.taur.dk/timenuts/p444.png

adev plot:
http://n1.taur.dk/timenuts/p445.png

I had (rather coarsely) adjusted the unit the day before, and a 2*10^-12
offset has been removed before plotting p444.

It has been quite useful, moreso since I put it in a rugged box.

/Kasper Pedersen