[time-nuts] Ebay FE-5680A Rb: Are they that good?

Marco IK1ODO -2 ik1odo at spin-it.com
Fri Dec 9 13:10:29 UTC 2011

Javier,

the plots are nice, and I did the same years ago for an Efratom
FRS-C. Found about the same data. The only point is that with the
spectrum analyzer you see the S/A pahse noise, not the Rb, wich has
to be orders of magnitude lower.
About the comments on the waveform and harmonics contents: who cares
about having the 2nd harmonic at -30 or -50 dB? For any practical use
one has to square the signal, and the original harmonic content is of
no pratical interest, or I am missing something ...

73 - Marco IK1ODO / AI4YF