[time-nuts] FE-5680A internal signal waveforms (60, 30, 10 MHz)

Robert LaJeunesse rlajeunesse at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 12 19:25:14 UTC 2011

Was the probe grounded using a spring clip off the probe tip, hitting the
nearest ground that is tied directly to the 9572? If not, the waveform captured
is not the waveform present during operation. Also, using a 10pF probe on a 2ns
risetime signal is quite a heavy load / impedance mismatch. I've used 100:1 low
capacitance probes (Zin = 5000 Ohms, Cin = 2pF or less) to mitigate that problem
at less cost than a good FET probe. I also suspect the filter impedance is not
constant versus frequency, leading to additional distortion of the square wave.

Bob LaJeunesse