[time-nuts] gravity controlled pendulumn clock?

Francis Grosz fgrosz at otiengineering.com
Mon Dec 12 23:09:50 UTC 2011

Folks,

     Actually, the USGS goes around measuring the local gravitational constant in various places.  There was a gravimeter set up in the basement of one of the local universities a few years back doing just that.  And some time ago, the U.S. spent a fair amount of time, money and effort (presumably as did the Soviet Union and others) mapping the Earth's external gravitational field to correct for its effect on ballistic missile trajectory.  Probably still do.

             Francis