[time-nuts] filtering a 10Mhz frequency standard?

lists at lazygranch.com lists at lazygranch.com
Tue Dec 13 02:17:03 UTC 2011

I think you would want to avoid crystal filters due to microphonics.

I've found building good LCR filters harder in real life than on paper. (I've done plenty of leapfrog active filters from LCR based designs.) I've had to make a passive LCR for ADC testing and secondary (parasitic elements of nonideal component) come into play.  Nowadays I just buy COTS.