[time-nuts] filtering a 10Mhz frequency standard?

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 14:08:59 UTC 2011

I just ordered the parts for this filter from Mouser Electronics.   ~ $30
plus shipping including a shiny new Pomona box.

qty 2 542-78F1R0-RC RF Inductors 1.0uH 10% @ $0.18 ea
qty 2 140-50S5-271J-RC Ceramic Disc Capacitors 50V 270pF SL 5% Tol @ $0.14
ea
qty 1 140-50S5-471J-RC Ceramic Disc Capacitors 50V 470pF SL 5% Tol @ $0.11
ea
qty 1 565-3752 Test Connectors SHLD BOX BNC (M/F) @ $29.12 ea (ouch!)

That's 75 cents in parts plus the box.  Once assembled I'll sweep it with
the network analyzer and report back on tweaks made to get it closer to the
simulation.

-Bob