[time-nuts] filtering a 10Mhz frequency standard?

shalimr9 at gmail.com shalimr9 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 22:08:41 UTC 2011

If your concern is harmonics, the best combination is a low pass filter that cuts high enough to have no (or negligible) group delay at 10 MHz, and one or more notch filters for the harmonics, as many as necessary to get the attenuation you desire.

These filters should have no measurable effect on the fundamental.

If you have phase noise or spurs near the carrier, you need a cleanup PLL with a good crystal and a narrow BW.

Didier KO4BB

Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless thingy while I do other things...