[time-nuts] time-nuts Digest, Vol 89, Issue 51

John Lofgren jlofgren at lsr.com
Thu Dec 15 14:50:30 EST 2011

There's a system that the motorcycle guys call the Whitworth Inch, but I think may be more correctly called Whitworth Measure.  It's an old British system that was used on their motorcycles and possibly cars, too.  There's a whole subculture of people trading in Whitworth tools for BSA and Norton owners.


>I've seen two other systems, but their names are eluding me at this time.
>Also, I've come across bolts that are not SI, nor SAE. I believe they are
>considered a british thread but i'm not certain.

More information about the time-nuts mailing list