[time-nuts] "The GPS navigation is the weakest point,"

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Thu Dec 15 22:26:09 UTC 2011

I would say without question the answer is YES!

When the US DOD switched its backing to COTS electronics in all
of its defense hardware, it also went looking for the cheapest
way to get the most bang for the buck with defense hardware.

They certainly would be willing to save 100 lbs of inertial
guidance hardware if 8 ounces of GPS hardware could get the
plane on target.

-Chuck Harris