[time-nuts] FE-5680A Rb Questions

Bob Smither smither at c-c-i.com
Fri Dec 16 00:07:00 UTC 2011

Chris Albertson wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 11:05 AM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R
> <caf at omen.com> wrote:
>
>> 1.  Will it work on 12 volts instead of 15?
> My bet is "no" as there is an internal regulator that likely needs headroom
>
>> 2. Is the serial i/o really RS-232 or something else
> There is a Max rs232 level converter inside so I assume "real rs232",
> not TTL levels
>
>> 3.  Is there a command list?
> There is a book.  Google   "TECHNICAL MANUAL TM0110-2"

Correct in most ways, but as has been noted that manual states that the count
used to offset the frequency (fine tune it) is:

7F FF FF FF = 2,147,483,647= +383 Hz
80 00 00 00 = -2,147,483,647= -383 Hz

which would be 5.6e6 counts / Hz or about 1.8e-14 / count.  The units reported
on here give you about 7e-13 / count or about 142,000 counts / Hz.  This is how
my unit behaves.

Bob S.