[time-nuts] Distance between GPS Antenni

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Dec 18 14:54:51 UTC 2011

On 12/18/2011 03:36 PM, Mark C. Stephens wrote:
> Just curious, If I place  a pair of high gain active antenna next to each other, will they interfere with each other? If so what is the minimum distance apart?

It depends on the leakage you have. I can't recall hearing that someone
had problems with it.

I would put the antennas next to each other on the ground and hook them
up, and then see if you get receiver problems or (if you have a spectrum
analyzer) a raised noise-floor in the 1,57542 GHz region as you power up
the other one. The spectrum analyzer method allows you to see what
distance brings you safe... if you indeed have a problem.

Cheers,
Magnus