[time-nuts] Distance between GPS Antenni

lists at lazygranch.com lists at lazygranch.com
Sun Dec 18 19:25:45 UTC 2011

I had my doubts it could be sniffed as well, but it was a topic on usenet and I had all the gear.

Just as a FYI, you can get portable L-band spectrum analyzers relatively cheaply since they are commonly used in satellite work. If you go on ebay, the avcom PSA-45 goes for $300. They are pulled from an old government project and lived in racks. They are digital since there is no sweep rate that I can see. There are a few persistance options including infinite.

This is not HP quality. Just cheap and dirty to have a look see. I rebuilt the battery pack on mine for about $50. However, the unit seems to draw on the pack when it is not in use so it tends to be dead in 3 days. If you use it right away, you get the rated operating time. They are daylight readable and very light, basically field instrumentation rather than lab gear.