[time-nuts] Distance between GPS Antennae

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Sun Dec 18 22:02:30 UTC 2011

From: "Brent Gordon" <time-nuts at adobe-labs.com>
>   The best answer is try it it and see what happens.  In my case two
>   systems with patch antennas ten inches apart interfere significantly.
>   Here are plots (using VisualGPS) of my position over a day or two.
>   This is using a GPS from Sure Electronics.  Note that the standard
>   deviation is 0 for over 100,000 samples.  As a side note, it must have
>   some kind of heavy filtering going on to not show any position
>   variation.  This kind of result is repeatable with this unit.

Brent,

That's really interesting. It looks like one receiver is in GPS
hold mode (so you would expect the position to remain fixed)
and the other is in a normal 2D or 3D mode. Can you look at
the NMEA logs and tell which is which? Is this the same GPS
receiver I played with (leapsecond.com/pages/MG1613S)?

Thanks,
/tvb