[time-nuts] New precision watch

Perry Sandeen sandeenpa at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 19 05:47:04 UTC 2011

List,

I saw an ad today for a Bulova Champlain Precisionist watch.  It is supposed to be accurate to + 10 seconds a year.  What stood out in the as is that they are using a 262,144 KHz crystal eight times the frequency commonly used.

I don’t know if it is more accurate than the Seiko (?) discussed on the list about a year ago, but it seems to be about USD $2,100 cheaper.   Around USD $600 or less depending on the model.  Is a 10 MHz or so crystal on the horizon?

Regards,

Perrier