[time-nuts] My Racal-Dana 1992

iovane at inwind.it iovane at inwind.it
Mon Dec 19 16:49:17 UTC 2011

Hi Ed,

my mistake, the test started from cold, but the curve I've posted starts at a
certain midnight. For completeness, the very initial warm-up is missing in the
curve. Checking my archive, I see that the test started the previous day around
02:22 pm and the reading was 3 mHz higher, and I might have lost a few minutes
since turning on the oscillators and the beginning of the record. The test was
aimed at seeing how many days the Racal takes to stabilize around the 1E-10
level, and the answer was one week. And this is the overall sense of my curve.
Hence a few minutes less or more were not important.
But indeed this test is not a good indication of the very first warm-up
minutes (intentionally not from stby).

Antonio I8IOV