[time-nuts] Ebay FE-5680A Rb I see the price has gone up for these

John Howell j at howell61.f9.co.uk
Tue Dec 20 17:18:45 UTC 2011

Agreed 340mA seems too high, mine takes 87mA. There has been much
comment on [time_nuts] about the temperature of these units varying from
'let 'em get hot' to 'must heatsink'.

In my experience items that require a heatsink have a milled flat surface
to mount to a sink, not a thin case that would only touch in places.
Furthermore I didn't think fiberglass circuit board was famous for its heat
conducting properties. No sign of any heat transfer compound either. So
do I conclude they need a bit of cooling?

I agree with you Pete and would really like to know what the  makers say
about all this!

Best wishes,

John.