[time-nuts] Ebay FE-5680A Rb I see the price has gone up for these

Don Latham djl at montana.com
Tue Dec 20 19:34:04 UTC 2011

Should get the 5 volts with the usual 3-legged fuse :-) ??
Don

Rex
> FWIW. I just hapened on this power supply in an ad. You might find a
> fixed voltage one somewhere cheaper, but the price seemed ok, so here it
> is for consideration...
> http://www.mpja.com/email/12-13-11.asp?r=284759&s=2
>
> Still need the 5 V somehow, so not a complete solution for the 5680A.
>

> On 12/19/2011 3:06 PM, GandalfG8 at aol.com wrote:
>> In a message dated 19/12/2011 22:27:22 GMT Standard Time, caf at omen.com
>> writes:
>>
>> This  thing requires plenty of current to get started.
>> My Tek CPS250 1.2 amp  output (A+B parallel) only gets 7.5 volts.
>> Now to scrounge something a bit  bigger.
>> ---------------------
>> The 15 volts to pin 1 starts off needing to supply around 1.7 Amps,
>> eventually falling to somewhere between 700 and 800 mA.
>>
>> Pin 4 always draws around 85 to 90 mA from its 5 volt supply.
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Nigel
>> GM8PZR

"Neither the voice of authority nor the weight of reason and argument
are as significant as experiment, for thence comes quiet to the mind."
R. Bacon
"If you don't know what it is, don't poke it."
Ghost in the Shell

Dr. Don Latham AJ7LL
Six Mile Systems LLP
17850 Six Mile Road