[time-nuts] Using Thunderbolt to Discipline FE 5680A?

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 17:20:05 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 8:50 AM, Frederick Bray <fwbray at mminternet.com> wrote:
> Has anyone successfully used a Thunderbolt to discipline a FE-5680A?
>
> I thought I saw a posting or site where someone disabled the 10 MHz
> oscillator on the Thunderbolt and used the Thunderbolt to discipline the
> FE-5680A.  However, I can't find it now.

I would not do it that way.  My plan is to leave the t-bolt as is and
then every 24 or so hours adjust the  FE-5680A if required to better
match the t-bolt.  My hope is that after some time the    FE-5680A
will less and less frequent adjustments.  This will be a while as my
FE-5680A is still in the mail.

I think the FE-5680A has to course of adjustment to be used in the
"fast" control loop inside the t-bolt

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California