[time-nuts] Using Thunderbolt to Discipline FE 5680A?

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Thu Dec 22 17:48:29 UTC 2011

You need a recording phase detector to tell if the 5680A is properly
tweeked.
I'm sure all of us have a Racal 1992 or similar with a GPIB or other
computer interface.

Below: phase plot of FE-5680A vs Thunderbolt FW=3.0 in seconds (about
1/2 day).
Frequency offset was set to -1280 with my software (available at
ftp.omen.com).
I have noticed a bump in the phase plot corresponding to an wobble in
The Force
according to Heather.  Think of herding cats made of granite.  It looks
like observations
must be made over days or weeks.