[time-nuts] eBay Giveaway Vectron OCXOs

Dan Rae danrae at verizon.net
Fri Dec 23 20:12:04 UTC 2011

On 12/23/2011 11:26 AM, SAIDJACK at aol.com wrote:
> Running it at 5V with a Ref out at 4.8V would seem too close. Maybe it's a
> 12V part?
I'm pretty sure it is a 5 Volt part Said, the power drawn in both states
matches the data sheet well.  Warm up is quick and correct for the size
etc., at 5 V so I'm not going to put 12 Volts into it :^)   I haven't
checked how stable the Vref is but it gives the nominal frequency output
at 1.55 V on the EFC pin.  Total EFC range is 800 Hz odd.  Output would
appear to be at HCMOS level not 50 Ohm sine.  It is always possible to
use an external reference source anyway.

As a DDS clock it is immaterial to me what the frequency is, so long as
it is stable, which this one is.  If the data sheet for the replacement
part is to be believed the phase noise will be good.  I could do phase
noise measurements but that takes a lot of time and effort so I am happy
to trust their data for my own purposes :^)

Again, thanks to all for the input.

Dan

p.s. and the Rb that came with it is 3 mHz high out of the box.