[time-nuts] FE-5680A Results so far

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Tue Dec 27 16:51:49 UTC 2011

After a few days of fooling around it appears my $38.00 Rb frequency
standard
is meeting its specs except for the current draw on the 5 volt supply.

The attached plot shows phase readings between the Rb and a ThunderBolt made
by a Racal-Dana 1992 counter read out by Fedora Linux 16 and a National
Instruments
PCI GPIB interface.  I entered various frequency offsets with my own
comms software
downloadable from omen.com.

The "transients" are manual slewing events where I set an offset of 0
until the phase
swings around to 180 degrees.  The last such event covered 360 degrees
in about 100
seconds; the result agrees with the specified resolution of 1e-12.

The Rb seems to be meeting its 10-11/day spec.  If I did the math
correctly, that
corresponds to measuring the distance to the Moon within tenths of an inch.

My next step is to leave it alone for a day or two.

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf at omen.com   www.omen.com