[time-nuts] FE-5680A Results so far

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Dec 28 19:09:03 UTC 2011

> Just got my fe5680 yesterday.   Seems to work but the fe5680 is the most
> accurate reference I have.  So how to test it?   I plan to buy a Thunderbolt
> but until then, anyone have any creative ideas?

I assume you have a GPS with PPS.

Get one of TVB's picPETs.  (or do it yourself)  Clock it from your FE5680.
Collect the data...

If you have a good scope, you can use your GPS to calibrate the oscillator in the scope.  Trigger on a PPS pulse, delay 1 second to look at the next pulse.  That pulse will be slightly off.  That offset is due to the error in your scope oscillator.