[time-nuts] FE-5680A Results so far

Said Jackson saidjack at aol.com
Thu Dec 29 18:37:14 UTC 2011

Hello Mike,

We measured a couple of these 5680As on a tsc5125a analyzer. With different quality supplies.

Very noisy buggers, huge number of spurs and very high noise floor -130dBc or so if I recall correctly. Thats probably the jitter you are seeing. Probably due to the dds generating the output not a crystal.

ADEV was parts in E-011 while good, not very good.

Frequency accuracy was +5E-010 then tap the box hard and it goes to -1ppb.

Good enough as a portable frequency counter reference, as the offset can be compensated, and the output is fairly stable...

These units could really use gps disciplining and a crystal post filter.

Great stuff for $40, new they must have been over $1000.

Bye,
Said