[time-nuts] FE-5680A Results so far

Said Jackson saidjack at aol.com
Fri Dec 30 01:48:30 UTC 2011

Tried crystal lattice filters, their bw is usually too large (1 to 2khz)

I would use a simple pll, such as an exor gate driving a single gate vcxo with <10hz bw. Most crystal oscillators would improve the noise from the dds.

So you could do this with four parts:

Nc7sz86 exor gate driven by the dds and the crystal, the output driving a 10uf to 100uf tant cap through say a 10k ohm resistor, feed the signal on the cap into a Crystek 10 MHz vcxo. Done. Use an inverter on the exor output for negative slope vcxos. Use an at cut crystal discrete vcxo  to avoid paying for the Crystek vcxo.

An lc filters bw is even worse (10s  of kHz)..

Bye,
Said