[time-nuts] Thunderbolt?

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 02:35:50 UTC 2011

> The era of cheap Thunderbolts appears to be history.

What is the simplest GPSDO you can build?   There are many designs
around but when the T-Bolts came out I think people lost interesting
building.

I think something very simple could work.  If your local oscillator is
at all decent it will not loose or gain full cycle in one second.  So
I think you only need to compare the phase of the oscillator and the
PPS.   Would an analog controller work?   I do software all day every
day at work so it would be fun to build an analog computer for a
change.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California