[time-nuts] From GPS World - Lightsquared has been given the goahead

Mark Spencer mspencer12345 at yahoo.ca
Wed Feb 2 14:31:52 UTC 2011

Hopefully timing receivers using elevated gps antennas with band pass filtering
(ie. the 58532A or equivalent..) and a good sky view and strong signal levels
will be more resistant to out of band interference than a typical consumer grade
portable GPS with a built in antenna at ground level with a sub optimal sky
view.  In my oppinion timing applications are likely to be one of the few GPS
applications where a reasonable mitigation path exists (ie. band pass filters
could be added between the receiver and the antenna, antennas with modified
radiation patterns could be used etc..)

Providing a solution for the GPS receiver built into my black berry will be
siginficantly more difficult in my oppinion.