[time-nuts] more on the lightsquared

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Thu Feb 3 00:34:59 UTC 2011

he FCC turned up its nose at assertions by some that the entire
process was conducted in near-stealth mode as well as on an admitted
fast-track, filed during a period coinciding with Thanksgiving and
winter holidays so that it would pass with little notice. “We conclude
that the pleading cycle for LightSquared’s request — in which the
Comment Public Notice was issued on November 19, 2010, with comments
due on December 2, 2010, and reply comments due on December 9, 2010 —
is sufficient for the decisions we make herein.”

http://www.gpsworld.com/gnss-system/news/fcc-grants-go-ahead-potential-interferer-with-gps-signal-10989?utm_source=GPS&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Survey-Scene_01_28_2011&utm_content=fcc-grants-go-ahead-potential-interferer-with-gps-signal-10989