[time-nuts] GPDSO oscillator drift experimentation

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 14:18:25 UTC 2011

Hello to the group.
I am tinkering with the leftover xtal oscillators from the lucent RB cel
site references. Figured they were nice and might make a useful GPSDO. I
have a hp3801 that works fine. Also I am using the vers 1.3 Brooke Shera bd
that I resurrected just for tinkering with a Oncore M12+.

I suppose its always been obvious but I really never noticed. When
everythings locked the oscillator will drift a bit left or right governed by
the filter time of the controller and the S parameter of the EFC and LSD DAC
used. Is that a correct observation?
This is quite a small drift. I have the scope at 10 ns and the xtal
oscillator drifts right and then left at 30 sec intervals min time constant
on the controller.

Granted I definitely do not have the resistors quite correct yet for the EFC
voltage.
Thanks for comments in advance.
Regards]
Paul