[time-nuts] Fwd: 10MHz to 80MHz frequency multiplier suggestions

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Feb 4 19:41:26 UTC 2011

> That CVHD-950-100 looks to be just the ticket. Nice price/performance. Thank
> you  for the recommendation! :)

I just looked at the data sheet.  It says:
   Frequency Pulling: ±20ppm APR Min.

I was going to ask what APR meant.  In case anybody else is also curious...

The CVS575-500 data sheet says "Absolute Pull Range".

Google found these (and more):
  http://www.vectron.com/products/appnotes/abspullrange.pdf
  http://www.crystek.com/microwave/appnotes/AbsolutePullingRangeAPR.pdf

The Vectron version doesn't mention the initial calibration.  The Crystek version does.

It looks like they are trying to tell me that it's the number a designer needs:  I can tune anywhere within that band for any temp/voltage/aging/initial-calibration.

They don't specify a lifetime so you might have to round down a bit if you expect your box to last a long time.