[time-nuts] HP 5372A vs. 5370A

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Feb 10 13:04:22 UTC 2011

In message <539FB2CD-A764-4825-8932-970D4253B9E2 at rtty.us>, Bob Camp writes:

>The  5371 / 5372 are never going to be as popular as the 5370 in
>terms of people needing support. They just aren't that common.
>
>Getting binary dumps into one of the software packages would be
>very nice. The rest of the stuff is much further down my list.
>Without a binary dump, you can't do anything that runs over a long
>period of time. I'm not sure what HP really wanted you to do in
>that case. They may have planed a PC software package and then not
followed through with it.

My guess: The realized that GPIB was to slow for much of that, and
decided to the that stuff on the VXI bus instead...

But that reminds me:  do we even know how many different software
versions there were for these beasts ?

Which software versions do people have on their HP537[123]A  ?

My HP5372A is 2947 (08 Dec 1989)