[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Supply

Larry McDavid lmcdavid at lmceng.com
Thu Feb 10 23:16:55 UTC 2011

Greetings! I am a new member of the mail list. I've been using a HP
Z3801A GPS-steered standard but have just acquired a Trimble Thunderbolt
GPS Disciplined Clock.

I'm seeking a recommendation for a power supply for this Thunderbolt
receiver. There is much discussion about noise from some switching
supplies and the effect on phase noise of the 10 MHz output. The
Thunderbolt manual specifies the following supply and loads:

+12 vdc  750 mA
+ 5 vdc  400 mA
-12 vdc   10 mA

This combination is somewhat unusual in that the highest current is on
the 12 volt output rather than the 5 volt output. I'm asking if list
members have a favorite power supply for this unit, why and where I can
obtain one.

--
Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB
Anaheim, CA  (20 miles southeast of Los Angeles, near Disneyland)