[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Supply

Tim Tuck timt at skybase.net
Fri Feb 11 01:22:42 UTC 2011

Hi Larry,

I use a linear supply for mine.

My supply is actually a headphone amp supply kit from JayCar Electronics
here in Australia. Its basically two LM317's and a 7805 for  5v. I
changed the resistor that set the output voltage  from 15v to 12v and
also selected an appropriate toroid transformer to suit.

Links here....

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=KC5418&CATID=25&form=CAT&SUBCATID=557

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=MT2084&CATID=19&form=CAT&SUBCATID=539

I dont know if you can get these kits in the US or if JayCar ship
internationally, you'd have to ask.

I'm sure you could find or build something similar state side :)

regards

Tim

--

VK2XTT :: QF56if :: BMARC :: WIA :: AMSAT-VK :: AMSAT