[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Supply

Dave M dgminala at mediacombb.net
Fri Feb 11 15:24:03 UTC 2011

> From: Tim Tuck <timt at skybase.net>
> Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Thunderbolt Supply
>
> Hi Larry,
>
> I use a linear supply for mine.
>
> My supply is actually a headphone amp supply kit from JayCar
> Electronics
> here in Australia. Its basically two LM317's and a 7805 for  5v. I
> changed the resistor that set the output voltage  from 15v to 12v and
> also selected an appropriate toroid transformer to suit.
>
> Links here....
>
> http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=KC5418&CATID=25&form=CAT&SUBCATID=557
>
> http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=MT2084&CATID=19&form=CAT&SUBCATID=539
>
> I dont know if you can get these kits in the US or if JayCar ship
> internationally, you'd have to ask.
>
> I'm sure you could find or build something similar state side :)
>
> regards
>
> Tim

There's a 3-output linear power supply kit at
http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=C6895 that appears
to be a good supply for the TBolt.  Thinking about ordering one to replace
the switcher that I got with my TBolt (TAPR buy).   Price is $33.10 US plus
S/H.
All outputs are adjustable from 1V to full output, but if you want finer
control, you can replace the pots with fixed resistors and a lower value pot
on each output.  This kit appears to be complete, with the exception of an
enclosure.

David
dgminala at mediacombb dot net