[time-nuts] FRSc RB lamp experiment

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Feb 13 18:24:00 UTC 2011

Dear Paul,

On 13/02/11 18:50, paul swed wrote:
> Magnus it indeed does look very good.
>
> I have re-assembled the various boards and the system locked up as normal
> after the warm up period. I do indeed have a failure in the lamp control
> startup crkt.

My R&S does not have a startup circuit, so I can't help on that
particular detail. I'm sure you will debug it yourself.

> The reference after warm up and adjusting the c field is down in the 1x10-11
> area. Anyhow I adjusted the c field and the systems not fully assembled nor
> has it really been stabilized long enough. Was simply curious so I do not
> think this is really a very accurate assessment. Especially since this is
> time-nuts territory.

At least it proves that you are up and running at least, modulus quirks.

> So next steps is to let the unit cook in or maybe I will further assemble it
> and troubleshoot the startup crkt. Add the unlock counter. (A pedometer and
> opto coupler) and let the system run for a long while perhaps a week or so
> to see what really happens.

Sounds like a plan.

> Thanks for your guidance and help Magnus. Who would have thought there was a
> recovery technique for FRS-c RB references.

Happy to help. Happy to learn of your progress! Happy to hear I contribute.

Cheers,
Magnus