[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Supply

Mark Spencer mspencer12345 at yahoo.ca
Mon Feb 14 18:55:39 UTC 2011

As mentioned before a suitably rated single transformer with a center tapped secondary will suffice if you want to build your own linear psu.  I use a 2 amp 25.2 volt center tapped transformer (along with a bridge rectifer, filter caps, 3 terminal regulators, fuse holder etc.)

I don't losse any sleep over the 5 volt regulator having to dissipate several watts more than it would if I had a differrent transformer.