[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Supply

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Mon Feb 14 21:44:17 UTC 2011

Hi

If all you are doing is running a Thunderbolt, you don't need a supply
that's more quiet than most batteries. People get reasonable performance off
of straight switcher outputs. Adding simple linear + filtering gets you well
into the overkill region on this application. The idea is to stop spending
money when you have reached the "good enough" point.

Bob