[time-nuts] Datum OT-20 "Office Time"

Arthur Dent golgarfrincham at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 18:18:16 UTC 2011

Here is a little more info on the OT-20.

I connected my OT-20 to a cell antenna and a
48VDC power supply and let the unit warm up.
I used a terminal emulator set to 9600 8N1 to
talk to the unit. The link below is the response
of the OT-20 to various commands I sent to it.
Press "shift ?" on your terminal emulator to
have the unit send you the list of accepted
commands.

After warming up and locking to the CDMA signal,
most of the alarm LEDs went out. The one that
stayed on indicated that there was only one
48VDC supply connected and that is considered
a minor alarm condition. Jumpering the 2 inputs
will eliminate this alarm. The output BNC on my
unit puts out a 10Mhz sine wave. There is also a
DS1620D1 chip in the OT-20 to report the temper-
ature and probably aid in keeping the output closer
to the 10Mhz during periods of holdover

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5134/5448082945_13798a2669_b.jpg

-Arthur