Burt I. Weiner biwa at att.net
Wed Feb 16 04:01:35 UTC 2011

I wear a wrist watch with an hour hand, a minute hand, and a seconds
hand.  When i wore a digital watch it seldom registered with me as to
what time it really was.  Oh yes, I knew that it was, say, 3:15 PM,
but it didn't mean the same as looking at my old fashioned watch and
seeing the little hand a little below the three and the big hand on
the three and the second hand somewhere else.  I would also say to my
self, I've got this much of a turn (of the big hand) to get
somewhere.  I didn't have to do the math.  Life was simpler.

Burt, K6OQK

At 06:00 PM 2/15/2011, time-nuts-request at febo.com wrote
>After I wrote "just take it to any quality watch retailer" I got to
>thinking,....  Wow someone actually still uses a wrist watch?   If you
>look around almost no one does because all of our electronic gadgets,
>cell phones and the like all have LCD screens that display the time.
>A watch is redundant except as a kind of reto-fashion statement.
>
>--
>=====
>Chris Albertson
>Redondo Beach, California