[time-nuts] Tool Needed to Access my Timer Battery

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Wed Feb 16 12:45:14 UTC 2011

Hi

My observation is that people who spend a lot of time at the keyboard tend to be more likely to have a pocket watch. That's even more so if they are younger and don't have a serious wrist watch habit.

Cell phone - who carries one of those?

If you are talking about a multi kilobuck watch, then you are well past the "I need to know the time" phase and into something more serious. It might indeed be bling, it could be that you are a  (wrist) time nut :)...

When you look at what a very good pure mechanical watch can do it's pretty impressive. Quartz was out for quite a while before it could run anywhere as good as a top notch mechanical. They actually have standardized (had?) yearly testing of watch accuracy. The actual ran for a number months at various temperatures and orientations. The term "certified chronometer" apparently has meaning in Swiss law.

Bob