EB4APL eb4apl at cembreros.jazztel.es
Wed Feb 16 15:00:25 UTC 2011

This is the same reason why analog meters were preferred for some
activities: peaking for a maximum or a minimum, S and Vu meters, etc.
Even today some digital equipment have analog scale emulators like
bargraphs and so.
It looks like the brain processes faster those indications when you need
just approximate values or trends.

Ignacio, EB4APL