[time-nuts] Freq cal to 1ppm without GPSDO

WB6BNQ wb6bnq at cox.net
Thu Feb 17 08:30:12 UTC 2011

John,

Besides the M12 receiver you will need an interface board to provide a 3.3 volt
regulator for the M12, a 5 volt regulator and some 74c04's or some such to
provide the 1pps interface and drive levels to a MAX232 chip for a RS232
interface.  Then you will need to build up the Brooke Shera comparator and
control board to interface a high quality oscillator in order to duplicate what
is already provided in the Trimble Thunderbolt GPSDO.

The Brooke Shera system gives you a part by part insight on what goes on in the
Thunderbolt.  However, there is a bit of work to get the Shera system up and
running.  The advantage of the Thunderbolt is that it is pretty much a
plug-n-play unit.

73....Bill....WB6BNQ