[time-nuts] PN sequence generation using GPS

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Feb 17 18:17:09 UTC 2011

Hi

Packet turn around and DPLL burst times are a couple of things you can look
at as well as scanning. Since it's a full RX to TX, there may be things
happening that aren't just PLL related. The radios I've dug into were mainly
limited by the PLL.

You need to be lucky / careful to get a radio that's reasonably fast. There
are (or at least were) many sets out there that are in the 10 to 20 ms
range.

I have seen some that took over 100 ms, but not a lot of models. Lots of
things start to go wrong when they turn around that slowly.

Bob