[time-nuts] Tool Needed to Access my Timer Battery

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Fri Feb 18 06:44:31 UTC 2011

Think long and hard before you try a 2 or 3 pronged wrench
on your 6 slotted back.  It is almost impossible to not slip
with the 2 prong wrench, and the 3 prong Jaxa style is not
much better.

The manufacturers sold little sheet metal wrenches that engaged
all of the slots in the back, and as such are almost idiot proof.
You fit the wrench to the back, set the watch face against your
fingers, and squeeze the wrench to the back with your thumb.  Then
using your other hand rotate the wrench handle CCW to loosen.

-Chuck Harris