[time-nuts] Looking for info about first true radio controlled clock

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Tue Feb 22 18:14:52 UTC 2011

Hi

I have to guess that if they were transmitting it in 1960, somebody else was
receiving it in 1960. No money to fund it otherwise. Likely with a two box
system, but pretty quickly a single box.

I suspect that if you dig into it, NASA (or whom ever) was doing range time
via RF in the mid 1950's. Same two box one box transition likely took place.
I doubt they used a whole lot of them.

I assume only single box solutions count.

Bob